Saturday, July 23, 2011

All I Can do is Laugh

"Then the LORD said, 'I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son.' Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him. Abraham and Sarah were already old and advanced in years, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, 'After I am worn out and my master is old, will I now have this pleasure?'" - Genesis 18:10-12

How many times have I read this passage with a judgmental attitude? It's amazing what Father has put into scripture for us to draw and learn from and use to help us understand the situations we find ourselves in. We are awaiting one final document from the DRC before we can move ahead with filing our immigration paperwork. I found out we were waiting on this doc on July 13th and was told that "hopefully within the next week" we'd have our doc and would be able to proceed. Well my friends, it's July 23rd and still no sign of the doc.... HA! What started out as a 3-6 month adoption process turned into a 9-12 month process and counting... We will be a year into this adoption in August and a year since we signed commitment papers for Eve and Zion in September. This puts our time frame for Andy to travel right over when baby is due, IF we get what we're waiting on within the next 4 weeks.

When I look back over this whole process, the first thing I do is chuckle to myself. I can relate to Sarah. The planner that I am had this whole thing figured out, timing, finances and travel. Chuckle. The delays and postponements that used to frustrate me and my plans, now make me roll my eyes and laugh. Everything is so far out of my control. I do believe that God will bring our daughters home. And I do believe that He will do so in His perfect timing. So even though I sometimes wonder if this is ever actually going to happen, I remember back to Sarah and the promise that God fulfilled to her, even though she doubted and I remember back to February 2011 when God revealed His promise of granting children to me and my laughter turns to joy and my frustration turns to worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment