Monday, January 16, 2012

Almost There!

After just over a week in the DRC, Andy, Aaron, LaJoie and Merveille made their way to the airport today. They got there several hours before take-off to ensure that they had plenty of time to get through security. They had three 1 inch think packets of paperwork that security had to go through in order to allow the girls to leave the country. Our concern was that they would require a "fee" to allow them to proceed. But, our God is good. They only had to pay the exit fees that we knew about and had prepared for. Glory to God!! They boarded the plane about 40 minutes before take off and have been in the air for about an hour now. They will land in Brussels at about 7:40am their time, about 12:40am our time. Will arrive in Newark around noon tomorrow est and will arrive DFW around 8pm ish our time tomorrow!
The last big hurdle they have to face is customs in Newark. My continued prayer is that God will go before them and give them favor with the customs and immigration officials. I pray that they have everything in order and that they get through quickly and without incident. I never really knew how to pray without ceasing before, but believe me when I say, I do now!! :)

Words cannot adequately express how excited I am to have them home!

My parents will be in town tomorrow and will stay till Saturday. I am so grateful to have them here!

The fun is about to begin! ;D

3 comments:

  1. Praying for their arrival tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! -JASON MOORE

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you! If it is of any comfort, we have several friends who have adopted from overseas and none of them had any problems with coming into the US. Looking forward to family pictures!

    ReplyDelete