I talked to Andy again a little bit ago. He put me on speaker phone so the girls could both say 'hi' again and so that I could talk to them. They both said "hi mum", again (words that I will never tire of hearing) and I replied 'hi' and told them that I loved them. Andy said they were smiling.
He said that Merveille is more outgoing and better at sports whereas LaJoie is very timid and more into arts.
I asked how they handled the first night and he said that they had a really good night last night. They slept through the night and appear to be "clean" in that they don't have lice nor do they appear to have ringworm, scabies or any other skin issues.
Out of all the pants I packed for them, only one pair fits them, so after the Embassy appointment tomorrow, Andy will take the girls shopping for shoes and jeans. I assume everything else fits. :) They went outside today for a little while and played with a soccer ball that Aaron brought. Talked to some men from England who are motorcycling across Africa. Then went back inside and played a few games and went through some of the flash cards I packed. Andy said they know a little English as it relates to taking care of babies and basic necessities like needing to go to the bathroom, hungry, wanting a bath, etc. He said that they have had no scholarly training whatsoever, though.
I'm not sure what they are eating or when they go back to the orphanage or anything like that, but will continue to post as I hear from him.
Tomorrow at 9:00am their time, 2:00am ours, they have their Embassy appointment. We are praying that the Embassy releases the girls' visas so that they can turn around and get the final clearance letter so that they can come home. For a "fee" they will be able to expedite the clearance letter and issue it within a few days. We are praying this is the case and that they will be able to come home either by the weekend or early next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment